Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Amazing But True Story #5

Amazing But True Stories

Boise, Idaho

Pastor Roland Buck recounts:

"One Saturday night in January of 1977, at about 10:30 o'clock, I was seated at my desk, meditating, praying, and preparing my heart for Sunday. I had my head down on my arm at the desk, when suddenly, without any warning, I was taken right out of the room."

"I heard a voice say: 'Come with me into the Throne Room where the secrets of the universe are kept!' I didn't have time to answer; space means nothing to God! It was like the snap of the fingers - boom - and I was right there! Only then did I recognize that the voice I had heard speaking to me was the voice of the Almighty God . . ."

". . . Then he did another very surprising thing! He wrote down 120 events which he said would happen in my life in the future. It wasn't like you and I write; the information just suddenly appeared! I did not even need to read it, but right now, I can tell you EVERYTHING that was on that paper, because it was instantly impressed on my mind like a printing press prints on paper. The press doesn't have to read what is imprinted. It's [already] there! In the same way, every single notation was burned into my mind, and it's still there! . . ."

" . . . Item number 63 was another one [of the 120 events] which God actually allowed me to see and witness in detail before it happened. It concerned a family who were having serious marital problems. While I was in heaven, I saw them coming into my office and noticed the date was on the paper when this to occur."

"When the date arrived, these particular people didn't show up. I wondered what had happened, so I decided to stay a little while longer at my office. A short time after my normal closing hour, the telephone rang and a person who didn't identify himself, said, 'Pastor Buck, will you be in your office for a little while?'"

"I said, 'Yes.'"

"He didn't tell me who he was."

"When they came to the door, I greeted them BY NAME! This really shook them up! Then I asked, 'What brought you here?' They said they had been having terrible marital problems and decided they would go someplace to clear the air. They didn't know why, but they had decided to come to Boise, Idaho."

"We drove up here, rented a motel room, and when we got inside the room, we noticed the telephone book was lying open to the spot where you have your ad which reads, 'Counseling by appointment.'"

"Instantly I knew that one of those angels [that had visited me previously] had been there ahead of time and had opened the directory to the right place, and had also arranged at the front desk for them to get the right room."

"As we conversed, the lady said, 'We have had a good time driving up here together, things are all straightened out, and everything is going to be all right, so we won't waste your time. We'll be leaving now!"

"I said, 'No, you had better stay here, because that isn't the way it is.' I told them that God had let me see this event happening months before. I said to the wife, 'You have a gun in your purse, and you are planning to shoot your husband as soon as you get back to your motel."

"He was really alarmed, and exclaimed, 'You'd better not shoot me!' She was shaking all over."

"I said, 'Open your purse and give me that gun!'

"She opened her purse and handed me the gun exactly as I had seen it happen before. Then her very soul cried out to God! She knew there was no way I could have known anything about the gun unless God had told me, and he had let me know about it almost six months before it happened!"

"Both of them immediately fell down on their faces before God. He washed their sins away and instantly put their marriage back together. I have had one beautiful letter from them since then. They are going to a good church in California, happy in the Lord and serving God!"

Excerpt taken from Angels on Assignment, by Roland H. Buck (Hunter Books, 1979).

Read Angels on Assignment Online!

No comments: