Wednesday, January 26, 2005

One man taken to morgue alive another man's Shroud buried before its time



I could have choked on my Chai Tea when I ran across the Associated Press story about a man that was taken alive to the morgue.

As my dad was say "good grief Charlie Brown," how could someone overlook the fact that this man was still alive and breathing? How could they pronounce this man dead and then practically bury him? But for some reason, I thought "good grief DJ" that's exactly what people have tried to do with Christ.

As I scanned further down KLOVE's News Page, I saw another equally fascinating Discovery Channel Story that was ironically similar. A story about a burial shroud that is older than a 1988 radiocarbon dating has suggested. A shroud that may have been buried before its time.

I remember asking one of my physics professors at The University of Arizona, who at the time was a senior professor in the department, about the dating of this shroud. I asked him whether the tests were conclusive in his mind and he told me: "well, the questions have been answered sufficiently in the minds of those who conducted the tests." Something just did not sit right with me and for me, at least, the case was anything but closed.

As my Chai grew cold, I did some quick web-based research (Google) and found another Discovery Channel Story about the reverse side of this burial shroud. Interestingly enough, this side reveals even more details than the front, which would be extremely difficult for a medieval forger to produce.

Whether this is the actual burial shroud of Jesus may never be known. What I do know is that Christ no longer needs a burial shroud and that people are still finding him alive and breathing. Will you find him? Follow the living Son of God. Follow Christ.

No comments: