Friday, January 28, 2005

This is your Daughter

Just wanted to post a praise report for my friends Melanie and Jeremy (aka "Crazy").

Jeremy earned the name "Crazy" while at Oral Roberts University (I should know, I was his roommate). I'll never forget falling asleep to Crazy telling me how crazy in love he was with Mel. Years later after they married, they were introduced to Brianna.

During one fateful church service, Jeremy picked up Brianna to carry her for a few minutes and the Lord spoke to him, "this is your daughter." He had been barely introduced to her and knew nothing of her situation, but God said she was theirs. No matter the obstacle, God had promised to give Brianna a loving home and a bright future with the Deemys. One by one, the obstacles fell as God made a way into the promised land of adoption.

What began as a gentle whisper, now God says loud and clear for everyone else to hear, "this is your daughter."

To the fatherless, motherless, or those without hope, this is your Father's words to you:
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jeremiah 29:11).

No comments: