Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Witnesses to a Miracle

Sister Z and Danny Boy striking poses at Youth Convention


(Thought I'd post the following while on my lunch break)

At our Young Adults meeting last night, Sister Z shared some awesome testimonies of how God answered prayers over the weekend. Developing...

(Alright it's quitting time)

Last Saturday night, Bro Izzy calls me up and says that a friend of Sister Z had called him and said that Z's mom is in danger in the Philippines (PI) and that it looks like she is going to be held there and not be able to leave the country. My first thought in a situation totally out of everyone's control here on the other side of the world is, of course, pray. My second thought was contact our pastor, and then pray. When Jesus said in Matthew 18:19 "again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven," he meant it. I did little but listen and agree with the Pastor as he prayed down heaven and earth for what seemed to be 15 minutes. All I had to do was agree.

Fast forward to Monday morning. The last word I heard was that Z was going to arrange for emergency leave and fly over to PI sometime Sunday. Well, I called up Sister Z's office and low and behold Sister Z is there! After the initial shock, all she told me was that her mom was already back in the states and that she would tell our group more that night. Amazingly, God worked a miracle Saturday night (daytime in PI) that allowed Z's mom to fly out of country, literally seconds before the plane took off, thereby allowing her to escape danger.

Pastor, Bro Izzy, Sister Martha and myself were some of the only people stateside that knew what was going on in Sister's Z's life. In fact, Z had no clue until Monday morning that we even knew about the situation and that we had been praying for her mom. Thank you Father for bringing heaven down to earth!

Some people call it coincidence, but we call it a miracle. Jesus meant what he said. Agree in prayer with someone right now, whether they know it or not, whether they're close by or a world apart. You will experience the power of prayer by agreeing with a missionary or child crying out to God at this very second. The power of prayer knows no borders, distance or time zone.

Are you a young adult? Are you looking for a group that experiences the power of prayer? Visit the Young Adults Site and slide to the "Interactive" bar at the top to find a YA group near you.

See you there, see you in prayer,

DJ Morales

No comments: